Placenta is natures remedy. Made perfectly for you, by you!
During pregnancy the placenta does the amazing work of bring oxygen and nutrients to the baby. It also produces hormones that help keep the entire pregnancy on course. As amazing as that is, the benefits of the placenta do not end when the pregnancy is over.
The high hormone levels of pregnancy drop significantly by day 4-5 postpartum, and it is thought that this fluctuation is a key factor in the development of the “baby blues”. By reintroducing the hormones back into your system, many women find that they do not experience symptoms of depression because placenta is extremely nutrient rich, high in iron, protein, vitamins and minerals, including vitamin B6 and of course, your own natural hormones, making it perfectly made for you, by you.
Women who take placenta capsules report fewer emotional issues, have more energy and tend to enjoy a faster, more pleasant postpartum recovery. Dried placenta (Zi hi chi ) has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for centuries.
Why Placenta Encapsulation?
- Prevent and treat the “baby blues”
- Lessen postnatal bleeding
- Balance your hormones
- Enhance your milk supply
- Combat fatigue
- Increase your energy
- Recover more quickly from birth
I prepare placentas according to Traditional Chinese Medicine methods. The process involves heat, dehydration, grinding, and encapsulation. This service currently takes place over a two-day time period, in the client’s home. The first day is when I come prepare the placenta, the second day is when I encapsulate it. Each visit requires about one hour of work for me.
Your placenta is full of your own bio-specific hormones and healing properties:
- Gonadotropin: the precursor to estrogen, progesterone and testosterone.
- Prolactin: promotes lactation.
- Oxytocin: The Love hormone. Promotes feelings of love and connectedness /bonding; produced during breastfeeding to facilitate bonding of mother and infant.
- Thyroid stimulating hormone: boosts energy and helps recovery from stressful events.
- Cortisone: combats stress and unlocks energy stores.
- Interferon: stimulates the immune system to protect against infections.
- Prostaglandins: anti-inflammatory.
- Hemoglobin: replenishes iron deficiency and anemia, a common postpartum condition.
- Urokinase inhibiting factor and factor XIII: stops bleeding and enhances wound healing.
- Gammaglobulin: immune booster that helps protect against postpartum infections.
Where is The Placenta Prepared?
Your placenta is prepared in your home. I have obtained the appropriate Bloodborne Pathogen course Completion Certification and adhere to the strictest standards of safety as set forth by OSHA and the EPA and conform to local health department guidelines for food preparation and safety protocols.
All the equipment needed for the process is supplied by me. The first visit to your home takes 1 hour, the placenta is prepared for dehydrating, it is then left there, in the dehydrator for several hours. I return the following day to begin the encapsulation process which takes 1 hour.
Carolina’s Placenta Lady is Trained & Certified to Safely Serve You.
- Universal Precautions Certified (infection control)
- Certified Food Handler
- OSHA’s Bloodborne Pathogen Certified
- Certified Placenta Encapsulation Specialist
When is The Placenta Prepared?
Ideally, the placenta preparation takes place as soon as possible after delivery, within the first 1-2 days. The first two weeks are the most important and effective time to be taking the placenta to help ward off the “baby blues”, so, the sooner the better. You can begin taking the capsules right away for maximum postpartum benefits.
Even if mom and baby are recovering postpartum in the hospital, Christina can encapsulate your placenta at home with your partner or other support person present and get the placenta capsules to you right away.
Placentas that have been properly frozen (double-bagged and protected from freezer-burn) can also be encapsulated up to 6 months after the birth.
How Do We Get Started?
Contact Christina to discuss placenta encapsulation. I am happy to answer any additional questions you have. If you decide you would like to move forward with plans to have your placenta encapsulated a $50 non-refundable deposit will be collected to secure your place on the calendar.
- Base price $225 – $300 (You pay what You can afford within that range) a $50 non-refundable deposit is collected to secure your spot on the calendar.
- Reduced price for Carolina Community Birth Center and other area birth center clients.
- Reduced rate for local midwife homebirthing clients.
Call for the details (704) 575-3424